1. Oh sorry! What a sad mistake! - __________ !
Not at allPleased to meet youYou're welcomeThat's all right
2. They've been looking for you _________ .
in all placeseverywhereanywherefor all places
3. Is it __________ that you will buy a new car?
4. Father is ________ , he can't go for a walk with you.
5. When you speak slowly, I _______ you, when you speak quickly, I don't.
6. It was quite _________ when we got back from the trip.
7. We must _________ quickly in critical situations.
8. What time is the first _________ of the film?
9. Why have you _________ the book so long?
10. Don't wait for me if you ___________ .
have speedare in speedhave a hurryare in a hurry
11. Can he _________ English?
12. John speaks English, but ________ ?
does Margaretspeaks MargaretMargaret speaksMargaret does
13. What time________ lunch?
does Jack hasJack hasdo Jack hasdoes Jack have
14. _________ you written the letter to our teacher?
15. When __________ her homework?
Ella usually doesdoes Ella do usuallyusually does Elladoes Ella usually do
16. If you work hard, you _________ your exams well.
passwill passhave passedpassing
17. His son is_________ .
so old as yoursas old as your oneso old as your oneas old as yours
18. I'm sorry that I had to stop our conversation __________ the telephone.
for answerfor answeringto answerto answering
19. He has three children, ________ he?
20. All the questions of this test should ________ .
answerto answerbe answeredto be answered
21. My mother ________ too young to do this work.
22. He _________ friends in many towns.
23. Do you need ________ new job?
24. Janet sat down on________ chair. ________ chair was near the window.
25. She's much________ her sister.
taller thatmore tall thantaller thanmore tall that
26. The building is very high, but _________ windows are small.
27. He left _________ standing in the street.
28. I must _________ these sentences into English.
29. The sentences were too difficult _______ .
translatinghave translatedtranslateto translate
30. He ________ a letter to his friend yesterday.
wrotebesidein front ofnext
31. Everyone in the office has to be ________ by 8 o'clock.
in jobat workin workat job
32. Peter is not at the university now, he ________ in his room.
readwas readingis readinghas read
33. He ________ taking his exam just now.
34. Must we _________ the poem by heart.
to learnlearninglearnbeing learned
35. Has Fred got his books now? Yes, my brother ________ yesterday.
has given them to himgave them to himgave to him themhas given to him them
36. Where _______ on Sunday?
do Mike doMike goesMike does godoes Mike go
37. ________ you read anything by Dickens?
38. They invited him yesterday, but he_________ .
didn't yet say that yesdidn't yet say yeshasn't yet said that yeshasn't said yes yet
39. If I _________ James I _________ happy to give him the present.
will see - amsee - will besee - amwill see - will be
40. Is Mary _________ Pam?
taller thatso tall astalleras tall as
41. Ask him to go to this shop _________ some food
in order he buysfor buyingto buyfor to buy
42. She'd written that before, _________ ?
didn't shewouldn't shehadn't sheshouldn't she
43. Your answer _________ to that question is incorrect.
44. He _________ a bad mistake.
45. You must _________ before you answer.
46. The ________ autumn leaves of red and gold lie on the wet ground.
47. Everybody enjoyed the film __________ me
48. Have you visited your parents? _________ .
Not yetNot everAlreadyEver
49. There is an old apple-tree _________ the house.
50. He won't be able to lift it __________ we help him.